We are Currently recruiting for Senior Lab Technicians to join a brand new megalab in Leamington Spa.
The Ideal candidate will have extensive experience running complex laboratory processes and playing a principle role in performing the more complex technical assays. They will provide supervision of testing within a specific section of the process (e.g. sample processing, extraction, PCR preparation), and they will be the primary point of contact for issues in the lab and involved in hands on issue resolution. They will be responsible as well as working to ensure that processes are carried out safely, efficiently, and to the laboratory’s required standards. This includes creating and reviewing technical documents and SOPs compliant with the laboratory’s accredited standards. This role requires individuals experienced in molecular biology methods. Roles are available across Sample Preparation, RNA extraction, and PCR teams
Essential Skills required:
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science.
- Extensive experience in a laboratory setting (academic, clinical or industrial)
- Experience of using a biosafety cabinet
- Experience of using and troubleshooting PCR methods.
- Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO15189:2012 / ISO17025:2019).
- A comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols in a lab environment.
- Evidence of excellent communication and team-working skills.
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail.
- Degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- HCPC registered.
- PhD or significant experience of problem solving in a lab environment.
- Experience of using liquid handling robots (e.g. Hamilton liquid handling systems).
- Experience of viral RNA testing using realtime ePCR methodology or end-point PCR.
- Significant experience in molecular biology, including PCR and immunoassays
- Experience of working with LIMS.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and experience.
- Significant experience of handling human biological samples.
- Experience with handling human biological samples and working at containment level 2 or containment level 3.
Please note that senior lab technicians are not required to have extensive experience across all competencies described in the desirable criteria column, but applicants are expected to have relevant experience for the competency which they would oversee (for example an applicant for a role overseeing a PCR team would be expected to fulfil all the criteria in relation to PCR methods, but not necessarily the criteria related to RNA extraction).
So if this sounds like the role for you or you wish to hear more please apply using the link below and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch!
- Laboratory Technicians
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'