The successful applicant will be supporting the Global Knowledge Management Function and the KM team in London and must possess a strong client service focus enabling you to interact well with both external and internal clients at all levels. This role will support the Global Chief Knowledge Officer, the EMEA Director of Knowledge Management, the Director of Knowledge Systems and provide general administrative support to other members of the London Knowledge Management team.
The successful applicant will ensure a high level of client service, providing proactive and innovative support, together with the provision of quality administrative support services, demonstrating the ability to manage both self and others in order to contribute to overall world class 24 hour administration service.
The ideal candidate will handle a wide range of administrative, project and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are essential. We are looking for a career-minded senior support administrator who will relish the challenge of learning new skills and push themselves to deliver ever-increasing value. The role will grow as far as you are willing to take it.
Duties will include
- Managing projects and tasks, such as requesting information or reports from many different offices, ensuring it is received, chasing and escalating as required, organizing follow-up meetings, and reporting regularly on the status.
- Preparing reports, presentations and other documents, including researching and gathering information from different sources and collating data as required.
- Tracking expenditure against budget, flagging issues and areas of concern, liaising with Finance team to correct mis-posted items, preparing budget project projections and forecasts.
- Inbox management, including reviewing correspondence, actioning items where possible, flagging urgent issues, and tracking deadlines that need to be met.
- Diary management, including scheduling large numbers of one-to-one and group meetings and calls with participants in multiple time zones, tracking acceptances and chasing as necessary, ensuring materials required are ready in advance and that necessary preparation is done.
- Event organization, e.g. off-site away-days or conferences for up to 100 participants, including liaison with venue and suppliers, communications with participants, putting together agenda, collating materials, and managing the event itself. Some international travel may be required.
- Coordination of travel arrangements, including booking flights and hotels, and putting together itineraries, using electronic tools where appropriate.
- Managing regular group calls, identifying and tracking topics for the agenda, organizing speakers, hosting the calls, drafting minutes and circulating when approved.
- Maintaining and updating intranet pages as required.
- General PA tasks, such as call handling and redirecting where appropriate, preparing and submitting expense claims, printing documents, and managing correspondence.
Key Skills and Experience Required
Qualifications and Experience
- A-Levels (or equivalent)
- At least one year's experience in a professional services or commercial environment
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
- A strong customer oriented approach to service provision
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Good organisation and ability to administer a multi-disciplinary work environment
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to be flexible
- Good IT skills (including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with advanced features of Excel, e.g. pivot tables
- Organises work to allow others easy access to information and documents. Supports and facilitates knowledge and information sharing.
Professionalism and Development
- Anticipates future requirements and acts upon them proactively, rather than waiting to be asked.
- Ability to see the big picture and understand cause and effect.
- A creative and analytical thinker, able to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to spot problems before they occur, solves problems and refers potential areas of concern to Line Manager or Head of KM.
- Demonstrates a commitment to own professional development - product and technical awareness as well as trends in the market.
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and takes responsibility for seeking feedback and own development as a Knowledge Management Assistant.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept change.
- Projects and demonstrates a professional image.
- Continually strives to deliver the highest level of service.
- Works to understand (internal) clients' needs. Regularly seeks feedback to improve the service offered and implements performance improvement measures based on feedback.
- Utilises resources appropriately and is aware of the commercial and legal implications in a situation.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral. Presents effectively and produces accurate and succinct written material.
- Adapts communication style to suit audience and able to interact at all levels.
- Is positive, polite and attentive in all situations, responding promptly to requests.
- Constantly seeks more efficient ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates awareness of the commercial implications in situations.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Manages client expectations to meet deadlines by prioritising workload.
- Is aware of other team members' workloads and actively seeks to support and assist colleagues.