Senior Key Worker
Job type - Full time, Up to 9 months fixed term contract to cover maternity leave
Salary - £26,864 per annum (Pro Rata) + Benefits
Hours - 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Location - Stockport
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for a Senior Key Worker who although directly employed by Nacro will work in partnership with five other alliance partners to deliver the Targeted Prevention Service for vulnerable people within Stockport.
This innovative service offers holistic advice, signposting and support to vulnerable people with a wide range of needs, utilising an asset based approach where people are assessed in terms of their strengths or assets, and supported to increase their independence and resilience. The service will also focus on increasing social capital and building community capacity and informal support mechanisms, thereby meeting a key aim of preventing, reducing or delaying the need to access formal and statutory services. If you possess the talent and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, we would like to hear from you.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Lead and manage a team of Target Prevention Alliance key workers and volunteers, delivering regular supervision and support sessions while offering guidance as required.
· Monitor and oversee the customer journey through their contact with the key worker team, volunteers and the wider Targeted Prevention Alliance, ensuring that the focus remains on people achieving and maintaining independent living.
· Manage relationships with external agencies, including referrals coming into the team.
· Ensure the most effective allocation of cases, making best use of skills and resources within the team.
· Work with Central and other Senior Key Workers to establish effective community outreach locations and maintain positive relationships with their hosts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled and talented leader to come into a challenging self sufficient role with great opportunities to progress.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is needed to be successful in this role.
For a full job description please click here
For a full person specification please click here
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits including 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays- Pro rata) please click here