Senior Key Worker - Young Carers x 2
Salary £25,000 per annum
Permanent, full time contract
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a pioneering new service dedicated to improving outcomes for Young Carers in Essex.
We are looking for highly motivated, confident individuals with a can do attitude!
A quadrant-based Senior Key Worker will be responsible for the statutory assessment of Young Carers as well as implementing appropriate support for Young Carers (aged 0-18), young adult carers (16 - 24) and their families through a tiered approach based on their level of need, and providing individualised support in relation to their caring role, with a focus on raising achievement and aspirations, reducing inappropriate caring and allowing each Young Carer to have the same life chances as their peers.
Post holders will line manage and direct the workload of quadrant-based Key Workers - Young Carers, and work closely with colleagues within the local authority, schools and voluntary sector partners to ensure successful outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant professional qualification which is focussed on working with young people (e.g. LDSS, Social work, Youth and Community, Teacher, Careers) or equivalent or demonstrably equivalent experience
- A broad understanding of the issues affecting young carers and young people, opportunities for learning and the services provided by the partner organisations
- Experience of working with young people on a one to one basis and in groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in effectively working collaboratively with other agencies at a local level
- Experience of successfully involving young people and families in decision-making processes
- Be flexible in their approach and have excellent time management skills and ability to work evening, weekend and residential work in order to respond to young people's needs
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
Interviews will be held at Chelmer Gate Youth Centre, Moulsham Street, Chelmsford on the 21st, 22nd or 23rd March
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Social work
- Youth and Community
- <FONT face=Arial><UL type=disc><LI><FONT size=2 face=Verdana>A relevant professional qualification which is focussed on working with young people (e.g
- Careers) or equivalent or demonstrably equivale
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job