Position: Senior Key Account Manager
Industry: Supply Chain Management / Freight Forwarding / Import / end to end order management / direct sourcing / SCM
Location: Midlands / North
Salary: c. £60,000 + car allowance + bonus + benefits
The leading provider of freight forwarding and supply chain management services seeks to appoint a Senior Account Manager. The initial focus will be to own the relationship with one major retail customer, however the scope of the position will grow to include responsibility for managing Key Account Managers assigned to other retail clients.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing freight forwarding / end to end supply chain solutions to large retail customers. This should include an extensive background in Account Management from both an operational and commercial perspective.
- Lead a team of Key Account Managers, consistently managing performance against objectives
- Develop staff and foster teamwork across the division
- Project core values toward staff and customers
- Build, manage and develop relationships with key client stakeholders across all relevant functions
- Understand the client’s business and help to shape the supply chain strategy
- Collaborate with the client to improve service levels, reduce cost and add value in the supply chain whilst meeting clients objectives
- Drive specific initiatives and ensure value generated is identified and tracked
- Support the BD team on new business opportunities as needed
- Be part of the SCM divisional leadership team and assist the Director in driving divisional objectives and initiatives
- Ownership of contract P&L and commercial relationships
- Considerable experience in international Supply Chain Management / end to end order management / supply chain visibility
- Extensive background in sea freight, solution development and direct sourcing
- Previous experience in a senior level account management or general management function
- Strong retail industry knowledge
- Experience of working with large, complex retail organisations
- Staff management
- Stakeholder management / presentation skills / commercially astute / credible / gravitas
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Hands on when needed
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary of c.£60,000 plus a generous car allowance, bonus, private healthcare and pension.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.
- Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Management
- Freight Forwarding