Senior Java Software Engineer (SSO, oAuth, SAML) - IAS / Cyber Sec
A world-class software products business in Nottingham are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join a team developing the market leading single-sign-on software product. The positon would be awesome for anyone with an interest in cyber security & identity & access management.
There is a big project coming up to introduce a micro-services architecture & introduce tools like Docker, Gradle, AWS as part of a push towards a Continuous Deployment model.
The Java Software Engineer will be part of a local team based in Nottingham, but works as part of a globally distributed team with offices in the USA, Costa Rica & Australia. The current technology stack is Java 7 & 8, Spring (MVC, Webflow, DI), Hibernate, Richfaces & Axis, plus Apache Tomcat & Tibco as a ESB, but as part of a drive to open-source, some of this will change
They are looking for experienced Java Software Engineers, ideally people that have worked with security products (Identity & Access Management or Single Sign-on) or have experience with SAML, oAuth, OKTA or RSA.
Additional experience with micro-services architectures is a distinct bonus, however for Java Developers or Software Engineers with more a Java 6/7 background, but are keen to get into micro-services, this represents a chance to get that.
Day to day role
- Develop Java web services and webapps for a multitude of different solutions.
- Engage with different teams across Experian to implement standard solutions.
- Exposure to several different technologies based around integration.
- Focus on security and cloud based auth.
- Opportunity to work on high throughput solutions with hundreds of thousands of users.
- Work with architects to ensure standards align with architecture principles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years as a developer, including application infrastructure design experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a development field with expertise in software design and application development
- Experience in Open Source technologies such as Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC and Richfaces
- Experience with containers such as JBoss/Tomcat a must have.
- Experience in database technologies such as Oracle/SQL Server/DB2.
- Experience with web service technologies SOAP / REST
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Working knowledge of Active/Active topology.
- Working with Spring Boot or DropWizard
- Working knowledge of CI/CD with Jenkins
- Working knowledge or familiarity with Federated Identity (SAML, oAuth, OIDC with Okta a plus)
- Experience with GIT and source control best practices
- Experience with working with teams across different locations
- Knowledge of gang of four patterns
- Knowledge of "clean code" principles such as SOLID.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.