Our client is seeking a Java Developer to work as part of an Application Development Team based in Milton Keynes supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe.
Role and Objectives
Undertake implementation work on different modules of the product as required and be able to switch comfortably between areas of the product when necessary.
• Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules - translate requirements into designs
• Implement J2EE modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project’s quality guidelines
• Perform Java Unit tests and test developed changes in Integration
• Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test environments
• Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
• Provide status updates to Project Managers
• Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development and the creation of designs from use cases
• Familiar with UML modelling
• Familiar with iterative development methods
• Familiar with widely used java frameworks (for example Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, MAVEN)
• Knowledge of XML technologies and web service implementation
• Familiar with the development of database applications with Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
• Experience of J2EE Development
• App Development using agile methodologies
• App Development with any RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/PostgreSQL)
• Experience with Java Portal Server
• Attention to detail
• Ability to consistently work to high levels of quality
• Ability to follow standard processes & procedures
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Good team-working
• Good written and verbal communication
Candidates must be eligible for, and will be required to obtain, SC clearance for this post (already having clearance is advantageous)
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'