One of our leading UK clients is looking to speak with talented Senior Java Developers for its London office. The Developers will join them in their London office to work with cutting edge technologies.
- You will design and develop high quality software using Java/Groovy
- Running on a scalable clustered environment.
- Using lean and agile techniques
- Automation and simplicity of all code and processes
- Focused on leveraging rapid feedback loops to guide ongoing development.
- Collaboratively with the Product Owner, Business and development team to ensure product cycles are kept as efficient as possible.
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Spring and associated technologies: Junit, Web Application Servers (e.g. Jetty/Tomcat), Gradle/Maven/Ant
- Specific experience with transactional systems and complexed distributed systems is very relevant
- Strong knowledge of MySQL and writing optimised database queries
- Understanding of Object Orientated and Functional Programming
- Also, knowledge of JIRA, Continuous Delivery, TDD. GIT, and RESTful web services
- Constantly improving coding quality through testing, refactoring, peer-reviews and pair programming and simplicity
- Focusing on software quality, innovation and appropriate technology choices.
- Working effectively in an agile team using Scrum, XP and Lean practices
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and internal users
- Designing and delivering products that attract new customers and keep them coming back
- Writing end-to-end user stories that steer a technical design that can be iteratively developed by the entire team
- Setting a good example to the entire team
- Distributed Systems
- Transactional Systems