Our client is currently looking to recruit a number of Java Developers to work on some exciting projects across a number of programmes in various locations throughout the UK - locations include Bristol, London, Reading, Luton, Bridgend & Birmingham.
A competitive compensation package is offered with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
* Java development experience
* Understanding of industry standards and best practice
* Experience of greenfield development, brownfield development and third line support
* Experience of development using technologies, frameworks and tools across the Open Source stack such as Git, DropWizard, MongoDB, Neo4J, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Pentaho, Jasper, Talend, ELK, Lumify, Drools, Jbpm, Camel, CXF, ActiveMQ, D3, AngularJS, Node.js, Python/Jython, CentOS, Ubuntu etc.
*Experience using Linux environments
*Strong communication skills
These are exciting times for my client working with open source technologies in their brand new delivery hub. It’s a great time to join the team - they are changing the way they do business. As a result they are looking for talented individuals who can help deliver these new and innovative projects.
What are we looking for from you? You will be someone who already makes a difference; we will give you the freedom and responsibility to continue doing so. You will be involved at the beginning of our open source journey and will have an active role in influencing our future plans and technical direction. And of course, you will be part of a fast-growing, pioneering working environment as we expand our capability to meet the increasing demand from our clients.
Java developers will undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other Agile practices. You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems, and coach other junior level developers. You will contribute to our strategic development by maintaining competence in open source technologies and bringing in innovative and pragmatic solutions to both business and technical challenges.
* Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
* Experience of JBoss solutions and products
* Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
* Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Participation in an Open Source community project
* Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
* Occasional travel to other parts of the UK may be required.
For further information please forward your current CV with contact details.
- Agile Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"