HRC Recruitment are working with a Global IT Consultancy who are looking for contract and permanent Java Developers to work on a continuously growing pipeline of work at their offices in Edinburgh. They are looking for a number of Java Developer to join the team to support one of their largest projects in Scotland.
You will have strong Java experience and will be able to demonstrate previous experience of working on complex or large programmes of work.
The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate financial support to businesses. It is an exciting time to join the programme. With a strong client relationship and an established team in place, you will be joining a team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland.
You will be responsible for developing key software solutions for new and existing applications on a daily basis. You will be involved in design, testing, bug fixing, problem solving and will be deeply involved of all stages of the software development lifecycle.
If you want to work in a fast paced environment and be challenged to learn and increase your technical knowledge, then apply now!
Who you are and your responsibilities:
- Design and develop software in line with quality standards, produce / execute unit tests and Identify / fix bugs in software
- Independently solve problems and describe, in written & verbal form, the root cause of issues
- Involvement throughout the software development lifecycle and Provide trusted work package estimates
- Highly motivated and proactive individual who loves the latest technology
- You like being part of a high performing team and like sharing your knowledge with your peers
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Significant experience with the Java EE programming language
- SOA and integration via an ESB
- Proven hands-on experience developing with Spring Framework and Hibernate will be beneficial
- Knowledge of implementing rules-based workflow and business processes (preferably JBossBRMS/Drools)
- Knowledge of business process modelling and BPMN (preferably using JBossjBPM)
- Experience of test driven development and continuous integration
- Code instrumentation and monitoring techniques to support application performance monitoring
- Experience with JBoss Developer Studio or similar (e.g. Eclipse IDE)
This role requires that you are able to work on site in Edinburgh 5 days a week and happy to undergo a basic disclosure and criminal record check.
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the 'apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.