BetBuddy, which part of Playtech Plc (PTEC:LSE), is a regtech solution provider that helps lotteries and commercial gaming operators to understand consumer behaviour and manage risk. We developed BetBuddy to solve major issues facing the gaming industry - mainly how can gaming operators predict those players at risk of harm, and how can they interact with these customers to help them to enjoy their experiences and retain them as long term customers. BetBuddy has continued to build important commercial relationships and continued to deploy its products and services to help operators to meet increasingly stringent regulatory requirements, whilst at the same creating value from compliance.
BetBuddy was recently acquired Playtech, the world's largest iGaming software supplier, who work with the leading operators in the iGaming business e.g., Bet365, LadbokesCoral Group, SkyBet, etc.
BetBuddy’s customers cover both the land and online sectors. BetBuddy made large strides in product innovation and development in applying AI to delivering faster, more accurate, and more efficient compliance. Product innovation has been undertaken in partnership with the University of London’s Research Centre for Machine Learning. This included showcasing new research in Explainable AI alongside Google DeepMind and Facebook AI research at the world leading AI conference, NIPS. R&D in emerging technology areas like AI bring tremendous benefits to industry.
Larger gaming operators struggle to innovate quickly and BetBuddy is ultimately helping the industry to de-risk and adopt emerging technologies. At the same time BetBuddy has remained at the forefront of Responsible Gambling (RG) research, publishing in the world’s leading peer-reviewed journals and contributing thought leadership at the major RG conferences. BetBuddy is helping the industry tackle new compliance requirements on the front foot to enable the industry to grow sustainably.
- Technical owner of the BetBuddy application
- Overseeing new application functionality as well as the migration of current BetBuddy application to Playtech's big data infrastructure
- Working across the full stack
- Managing a small team of java engineers
- Contributing to R&D projects that evaluate new technologies and techniques to keep our products and services great
- Analysing customer requirements
- Participating in code reviews
- Supporting data science colleagues in working with our data.
- A 1st or 2:1 with a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Data driven thinker
- Desire to work in high energy environment
- Managed small teams before i.e., 2-3 engineers
- Hands-on e.g., enjoys undertaking code reviews, writing code
- Strong team player
- Enjoys training more junior staff members
- Ability to multi-task
- Agile experience.
Knowledge/Experience with all of the following
- 6+ years experience
- Java, relational databases, Linux
- RESTful APIs
- Enterprise transaction processing
- Full stack i.e., overseeing back-end and front-end re-design and implementation
- Architecture design experience
- Scaling-up products using big data processing architectures.
Knowledge/Experience with all of the following would be a nice to have/bonus
- AWS and Azure
- Machine learning
- Broader IT management experience e.g., Data Protection.
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com.
- Team Leader
- RESTful APIs
- Full stack
- Java, Relational Databases, Linux
- Architecture Design Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job