£50k - £60k + excellent benefits
Java / J2SE / J2EE / Java Developer / Spring / Agile / Scrum / TDD / BDD / Continuous Integration / Oracle / SQL / Docker / AWS / Software Engineer
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
Working as a Senior Java Developer within UK Digital IT you’ll play a leading role in fulfilling Vodafone's digital ambitions, driving the implementation of our Digital platform and setting standards for our teams to follow. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a newly established team working on new development projects within an established global technology leader.
Building great products that delight our customers and transform the way they engage with us (and the way we support them) is why we're here, but we're also building a world-class capability to build and ship high quality products, leading the way across Vodafone to transform the way we deliver our solutions.
So - ready for your next exciting career move? Got some of the skills we're looking for, or want to learn a load of new stuff? We'd love to hear from you.
What you'll need…
- Proven experience as a senior Java Developer
- Deep Java development experience (JEE) and Java Servlets especially developing RESTful services within a micro services architecture
- Demonstrable architecture, development and technical leadership skills
- Substantial experience in Agile / Scrum and developing through BDD/TDD, using associated tools for testing and continuous integration & deployment
- Clear logical thinking and problem solving skills
- An ability to challenge others in doing what’s right for the business.
- A passion for finding solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before
- Experience of DI frameworks, such as Spring
- Great team working skills who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues
- A “can do” approach and highly motivated self-starter
Things we'll rate you even higher for…
- Databases, both relational and non-relational
- AWS & Docker
- Oracle WebCenter Sites
- Node.js, React
- Lambda functions
- In memory caches & Solr
- Experience of VSTS, JIRA or similar tool
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.