Through innovative eClinical solutions and services, Calyx turns the uncertain into the reliable, helping bring new medical treatments to market faster. With deep expertise in clinical development and more than 25 years of supporting trial sponsors and clinical research organizations (CROs), Calyx harnesses that intelligence and activates its potential to solve complex problems, deliver fast insights, and get new drugs to market every day.
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Senior Java Developer (Senior Software Engineer) you will be responsible for collaborating with the R&D function within Calyx Engineering, including software and infrastructure design, ensuring quality and performance standards are met.
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities.
- Analyses data requirements to establish, modify or maintain object/data models.
- Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study, or equivalent project-related experience.
- English: Fluent
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Understanding of common system architecture frameworks and concepts
- Technical awareness of Security and Application Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven relevant experience in systems integration and implementation, or software development, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Intermediate Software Development Experience
- Experience in Developing & Designing Java/J2EE applications.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Calyx journey!
- J2EE Web Services
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'