Senior Java Developer - Nottingham
You will be responsible for all aspects of the development life cycle, including driving improvement in quality code, defects, security and resilience.
Day, to day, your responsibilities will be to run planning & pre-planning sessions with Project Managers, Business
Analysts, Developers and Test Leads, translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
We'd also like you to take responsibility for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity) and making sure that we are working to & feeding into development standards & best practices at all times.
As a Technical Lead we would like you to have experience in full stack, predominantly waterfall, development with Java (7, 8) and technologies such as Junit, automated testing, Sprint Boot, Spring Framework, Struts, Maven and Hibernate. NOT ALL ESSENTIAL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production of Technical Designs and reviews of Specifications.
- Translation of business requirements into a sound technical solution which meets customer requirements. Ensuring
Accuracy in design, development and testing through to implementation.
- The programming of new complex programs/systems and amendments to existing ones
- Technical competence within a delivery platform (JBoss, Linux etc.)
- Awareness of different development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and a range of technologies.
- Pre and post-sales technical support for customers, using language & media appropriate to the audience.
- Technical support/assistance for feasibility, estimating and scheduling of projects.
- Provide appropriate technical updates, regarding your own or team's delivery specifically targeted to applicable
- Leading small teams of offshore software developers
Looking for :-
- Software development and analysis skills with practical experience of:- Java (version 7 or 8)
- User Interfaces
- Web Service Client development experience
- JBoss or other application server experience
- Apache Tomcat
Please get in touch to discuss further, would be happy to discuss project in more details.