Senior Java Developer / Software Engineer - Spring, MVC, JSON, RESTful
A highly respected and established £1.5 billion global brand are currently undertaking a large group IT & Digital Transformation Programme. The creation of a new Digital Engineering team rooted in modern architecture, flexible tools and infrastructure, and blended with an Agile mind-set to deliver what their customers want and faster is very much the core of this transformation. Working with cutting-edge technology including the latest automation and DevOps tools and approaches, they're constantly looking for ways to drive their business forward and so they can continue to deliver quality and ecommerce solutions at velocity constantly looking to improve the way we work and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative and passionate about enhancing new agile ways of working to achieve a step change in ability to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- You will be working in an Agile Development team focused on the continuous delivery of software to the cloud.
- Design and development of code.
- Learning new things every day, in a culture of continuous learning.
- Structured career progression, tailored to suit your needs. Working in a culture of Continuous personal development.
- Working on large scale, custom designed, multi-tier, enterprise-level software development projects using Hybris and Java 8.
- Writing automated tests at appropriate levels of the testing pyramid
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers
- Reliably and sustainably delivering business value.
Technologies/Methodologiesyou will be using:
Hybrids E-commerce, MuleESB,
Packer, Terraform, Jenkins, AWS,
Scrum, Kanban, BDD, TDD, Agile,
Lean, Continuous Delivery, JIRA and more.
- Hands on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies, specialising in Java.
- Passion for software engineering craftsmanship. Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration.
- Champions of Agile best practices and Continuous Delivery.
- A Strong understanding of testing and the test pyramid
- Experience with the following best practices Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD and Infrastructure as Code.
- A Good Communicator.
- A delivery focused mind-set.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option for flexible working from home
- Time given to work on own projects
- All these as well as traditional benefits such as pension, healthcare and as everyone loves new shoes, you'll get a very healthy discount on our products
- Software Engineer
- Spring Typscript
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job