Senior IT Engineer
Our client is an agile communications technology company that has developed innovative and market-leading platforms. They are a small company with a huge wealth of experience in telecommunications and support live mobile applications and services for their customers.
You will work alongside real experts and be customer facing. The office is based in the technology hub in London and the company has exciting plans for the future.
ESSENTIAL BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- Experience in a company with less than 50 employees
- Configuration management with Puppet.
- Basic understanding of configuration and management of Cisco and HPE Networking infrastructure (ASA, Routers, Switches)
- Working knowledge of Virtualization solutions, VMWare ESXi a plus.
- Installing, configuring, tuning and maintaining NGINX, HAproxy, Python/uWSGI, PHP-FPM and MySQL.
- Scripting experience in shell (Bash,SH, etc), Perl or Python
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (VLANs, Routing, BGP)
- Experience setting up and using monitoring solutions and graphing tools such as Nagios and Munin/Cacti.
You must be available immediately.
What they can offer you Salary of up to £40-50,000 plus benefits
You are required to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
What they need from you:
To work with the Senior Systems Engineer, reporting directly into the CTO. To succeed in this role, you will need to be a detail-oriented and a self-starter who loves to learn. You will have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
Software & Applications
- Linux based operating systems (primarily Ubuntu LTS/Debian)
- Dell Server Hardware support and management
- Puppet (2.7+)
- Nagios, Check_MK (pnp4nagios, nagvis, SNMP)
- MySQL/MariaDB (Replication)
- Bash, Python
- Cisco Operating System (ISRs/IOS) via CLI
- VMware ESXi
- Experience working with private cloud object storage platforms (Ceph/Openstack)
- Experience in VoIP networks or telecommunications protocols
- MySQL DB Administration experience
- Private Cloud
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'