Senior IT Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator - Oxford
We are currently working alongside a leading supplier of gas and electricity to businesses all over the UK to recruit a Systems Administrator to join their fast-growing team in Oxford.
As an experienced senior Infrastructure Engineer/Systems Administrator with a flexible approach to work and a positive attitude, you will be assigned to multi-disciplined project teams to work towards delivering new systems and functionality in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment.
The role will provide the opportunity to work with innovative technologies and undertake training as part of our ongoing commitment to staff development. You will gain experience in a wide variety of technologies within the industry.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Working on mission critical projects as an infrastructure product owner, implementing cutting-edge technologies in support of company initiatives (AWS, Hyper-V, NetApp, Azure)
- Provide technical guidance and support to other Infrastructure teams within the department
- Monitor and manage the IT Infrastructure to achieve maximum availability and performance
- Reporting on system performance, capacity, trends and future planning
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum three years' experience within an Infrastructure Engineer/systems administrator role
- Understanding of key business processes and a strong understanding of how solutions delivered assist and develop the growing business
- Previous experience within a mid-sized organisation (250-3000)
- Amazon Web Services, with experience in IAM, RDS, Load balancing, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts such as Infrastructure as Code and application containerisation
- Working knowledge of Azure, with experience in AzureAD, Load Balancer, MFA, AIP, Azure backup)
- Virtualisation and SAN technologies (Hyper-V, NetApp)
- MS System Centre Operations Manager or similar tool
- Good understanding of networking - TCP/IP, WAN/LAN and wireless technologies
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbally
If this sound of interest and you want to join a rapidly expanding IT department during an exciting period, please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'