Senior Technical Support Engineer
A great opportunity has become available for a very well established, highly succesful and innovative company based in Trafford Park. You will take a Senior role within their small IT department to help maximimise the efficiency of IT Systems by providing good quality and responsive support.
- Day to day management of the IT systems (both data and voice), providing first and second line IT support to internal and field-based employees;
- Supervising the day to day activities of the IT Support Engineer who will help to provide support;
- Project managing or providing additional resource on infrastructure development projects, for example, continuing migration toward server virtualisation and the cloud;
- Supporting servers, computers, tablets, mobile phones using either Microsoft Windows or Apple operating systems, printers, plotters, VoIP desk phones (Avaya), switches, firewalls and routers;
- Responsible for server support and maintenance, including performing server updates and restarts;
- Providing support across a range of software including Active Directory, Exchange, MDM, Microsoft Office, Synology, Veeam and in-house IT systems;
- Designing, installing and upgrading IT networks and equipment in new showrooms and small scale office refits;
- Purchasing of IT equipment and consumables, ensuring that necessary paperwork is raised for IT purchases and ensuring that equipment and software are recorded on registers;
- Responsible for bringing new computers onto the network and carrying out hardware upgrades and rebuilds of PCs and laptops;
- Creating accounts and email addresses for new starters with logons on all relevant software, and disabling accounts and backup user data when an employee leaves the business;
- Phone system administration, including programming number changes on the system and providing first line support to internal users and the switchboard;
- General duties including resolving printer issues, ensuring the Server Rooms are kept well organised and tidy, managing IT related consumables and preparing IT equipment for meetings;
- Following IT best practice and taking an active role is continually improving the quality, security, efficiency and standards within the IT department and across the Group.
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems, both hardware and software;
- Ability to support systems using either Microsoft or Apple operating systems;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to triage issues and determine the most appropriate course of action;
- Ability to work on their own initiative whilst being mindful of potential risks to the business;
This is a great opportunity to make your mark on this companies IT and get involved in some exciting projetcs early in your employment with them.
A full driving license is required for this role with some work being conducted on client sites. You must also be willing to take part in an on call rota.
Exclusively advertised by Connected IT Recruitment, apply today for a quick turnaround
- 1st line support
- 2nd line support
- server support
- 3rd line support
- technical support engineer
- infrastructure engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'