A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a global organisation based in WC2A, London area for a Senior IT Security Systems Engineer. Reporting into the IT Security & Governance Manager, working as a part of a small team, you will be expected to be fully aware of the businesses security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
You will be expected to perform two core functions within this role, the first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems.
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge and experience of industry standards such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials.
- Extensive understanding of data handling best-practices and information management and governance.
- Knowledge and expertise of cross-border regulations , such as GDPR and EU data Privacy rules.
- Broad understanding of technology and legal applications preferred (not mandatory).
- Extensive information security experience, across broad security domains.
- Experience working with technical people responsible for implementing security technology.
- Experience in security monitoring, detection, prevention and control systems.
- Ability to stay current with intrusion detection systems, hacker techniques, phishing schemes, emerging logical security threats, and compromised server techniques.
- CISSP/CISA/CISM certification preferred.
- Hands on technical security experience with Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012, Server, and Windows desktop operating systems.
- Sophos Endpoint Protection.
- AV and Malware Protection
- Knowledge or hands on experience with cyber security SIEM products
- Knowledge of Cisco-based networking and firewall security in a multisite environment.
Personal Skills / Attributes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated, proactive and outcome orientated.
- Ability to work closely with other key stakeholders outside of the IT department.
- Strong ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
Client information - Industry leader, global professional services, award winning.
- Iso 9000