POST- Recruitment are looking for a Senior IT and Operations Manager to join a rapidly expanding multi-channel retailer based in West Leeds.
This is an extremely well renowned international market leader, that has been established since the 1960s, but has recently started an impressive expansion, which includes a new direct distribution service.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, you will be managing the activities of Information Technology, Distribution and Value Added Operations in a fast paced customer-driven environment.
As the Direct Distribution operation of the business is new, we are seeking an experienced IT and Operations Manager that can effectively balance the need to be hands on, and strategic.
- Developing, recommending and implementing an Information Technology plan for for the UK/European business.
- Conducting a complete organisational analysis of system and process needs.
- Reviewing available systems and tools and identifies complementary assets.
- Working with the global IT team and other third-party resources
- Negotiating contracts for hardware, software and programming assets in conjunction with senior management.
- Managing and monitoring project performance and ensuring projects are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Working effectively with the US Head Office ensuring efforts are complementary in nature
- Reviewing and analysing data requirements and provides appropriate reporting to include; past performance, dashboards to monitor current activities and predictive analytics to ensure future success.
- Initiating recommendations on operational improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Warehousing / Distribution / Procurement / Inventory Control:
- Working with the US Head Office and outside vendors to develop an effective distribution centre layout to maximise resources, including space utilising 5S principals.
- Managing 3PL outsourced processes to include: Embroidery, Silk-screening, Alterations and Packaging.
- Overseeing inventory control / procurement to meet inventory level and cost objectives
- Managing inbound and outbound shipments ensuring they meet time and cost standards.
- Working with Sales to convert forecasts into planned capacity models and level loading.
- Managing the MRP (Material Resource Planning ) process.
- Performing data analysis as needed; downloading information from enterprise data systems and manipulating it in Microsoft Excel.
- Staying abreast of industry trends in Warehouse Managements Systems (WMS) and Logistics.
- Working with US Head Office and outside consultants to develop a best in class customer service model, balancing the needs of the customer to those of the Company.
- Developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department. Makes changes and corrections as needed to ensure measures stay on course; heads off negative service trends.
- Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Business Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 10 years progressive hands-on experience in software / firmware / system integration.
- Previous experience in most of the following required:
- warehouse and distribution, international and domestic procurement, inventory management, Kanban, visual management and customer service.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Voice of the Customer (VOC) background preferred.
- 5 or more years of supervisory / managerial experience, leading team members at all stages of their careers. Background and experience must include leading I.T.-focused teams and leading and developing technical team members; including contractors
- Proficiency in fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Demonstrable success in establishing onboarding and training programs within the operations realm.
- The ability to work with consistent urgency in coordination with production, sales, and other departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
This is an outstanding opportunity to for an experienced Senior IT and Operations Manager looking to join a rapidly expanding business with an enormous amount of opportunity.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.
- Information Technology
- IT Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'