A fast growing, highly successful food manufacturing and retail business, is looking to appoint a Senior IT Manager to enhance the IT function at their North London office.
Reporting to the Head of IT the Senior IT Manager must be capable of driving change, delivering key projects and helping develop the IT team into an enabling team of the future. This is a newly created role and some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Support and guide the IT Applications team in providing stable and fit for purpose applications to the Group
- Consistently deliver quality, innovative and cost-effective technical and/or process solutions
- Program manage cross-platform system development projects
- Ensure consistency of delivery and methodology across all IT activities
- Support and deputise for the Head of IT in the operational management of the IT function
- Coordinate multiple cross-function and/or cross-platform IT projects and services through programme management.
- Manage project financials [cost prediction, forecasting, tracking of actual spend/commitment and variance reporting] and mitigate against cost overruns
- Actively build positive and professional relationships with users and business partners. Build strong partnership relationships across all business areas and leverage 3rd party service providers
- In conjunction with users, review potential systems developments in light of business needs/cost effectiveness and technical opportunities, and make appropriate recommendations
- Deputise for Head of IT as business and peer first contact point on IT personnel, support and project issues where necessary.
- Assume responsibility for aspects of operational management of the IT function as required.
- Assist Head of IT in successfully managing and implementing department wide changes
- Review and implement business improvement initiatives, ensuring they are business-led and technology-enabled
- In-depth understanding of the role of IT in driving productivity, efficiency and growth, as much as protecting profit and safeguarding assets
- Retail experience, particularly in a head office environment
- Experienced in team leadership and management
- Knowledge of ERP and stock systems
- Experience of managing technology within a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to accurately interpret relevant information when solving systems issues and analysing requirements
- Project/programme managed complex cross-functional projects
- Successfully managed significant change within an IT function and the wider business
- Ability to work flexibly and undertake tasks and activities in support of other IT colleagues
- Ability to multi-task and to work across both support and development environments
- Resilient and understands and appreciates different styles of working
- Innate determination and curiosity to solve problems and find solutions
- Comfortable and confident working successfully with stakeholders at all levels
This constitutes an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a role where they can help deliver meaningful change whilst working within a fast growing, very successful company with ambitious plans for the future.
Select benefits include:
- A highly competitive basic salary up to £70k
- A benefits package including bonus, pension and healthcare
- Unrivalled flexibility
- Continuous professional development
- Team Leadership
- ERP software experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'