Class Technology Solutions are looking for a Senior Field Engineer to join a growing team of over 130 IT support staff who specialise exclusively in the education managed service sector.
This Senior Field Engineer will be based at clients' and manage service sites around the South East area. Your travel is expensed and engineers are provided with a Laptop and Mobile Phone.
The Senior Field Engineer role will involve supporting and troubleshooting within a Windows Server/college network/cloud environment. Any additional skills - such as Intune, Azure, Apple are desirable and would be welcomed to bolster our expertise in this area.
As one of a team of Senior Engineers of the technical department, you will be fielding third line support issues and queries from client’s helpdesks, so hands on knowledge is also required.
Your responsibilities include:
- Resolving 3rd line support calls.
- Supporting and maintaining the IS infrastructure to ensure maximum service ability
- Ensuring the CTS Helpdesk are aware of any issues that need to be raised and escalated to other relevant parties.
- Supporting and managing key infrastructure projects.
- Keeping up to date and going on key courses and passing partner and professional exams
- Keeping clients informed of any IT related projects or issues with Key stakeholders.
- Managing your own day-to-day workload in accordance with the Head of Technical.
The successful Senior Field Engineer must have:
- Experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment.
- Microsoft Server Skills (2016 or 2019 essential), Active Directory DNS, DHCP, group policies and Office 365 / Azure skills desirable.
- Virtualisation Experience with either VMWARE or Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Datacentre and virtualised environments necessary.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in the public sector is desirable but not essential
- Your own car.
Microsoft qualifications such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ MCTS or other industry recognised qualifications are desirable.
We are a passionate, forward thinking company that believes strongly in investing in the future of schooling and education. Our future depends on continuously creating tools and supporting schools in innovative ways in challenging and developing technological environments that support teaching and learning outcomes in schools.
We create an environment that allows you develop your career in an autonomous, relaxed workplace whilst still providing you with support whenever you need it.
We are a friendly bunch and enjoy what we do, so if this sounds like the opportunity for you then we would love to hear from you!
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure; disclosure expense will be met by employer.
- Active Directory
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'