Senior IT Engineer - MPSREC007
My client is a Cornish integration company looking for a Senior IT Engineer (MPSREC007) to join their rapidly expanding technology business. They are keen to find the right person, with a high level of technical expertise, to join their dynamic Technical Services team.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced role working with a diverse variety of clients, where every day has exciting new opportunities, then you’ll fit well into their working culture.
In return, they offer good rates of pay and a huge amount of scope for you to further your experience with a company dedicated to quality and excellence.
The Job Role
- As well as providing second line support for our Helpdesk, you will be allocated a number of customers to help support and grow their IT infrastructure
- Planning, designing and implementing various technical projects for our clients across a varied array of products
- Supporting customers across a number of sectors and industries
- Responsible for delivering remote and on-site technical support, and assisting with or taking the lead on technical projects and implementations
Key Skills Required
With your exceptional communication skills and your passion for motivating a team, you will be committed to delivering excellence.
Your ability to implement change and drive improvements whilst working as part of a well-established team will be fundamental
Key Skills Required - Essential
- Must work well with little supervision both individually and in a team environment
- DBS Checked (or will pass DBS)
- A flexible, motivated approach and positive outlook
- Works well under pressure
- The ability to diagnose and resolve technical support issues
- Practical experience implementing and supporting MS Servers (Active Directory, SQL, Exchange etc), HyperV and VMware
- Good working knowledge of VPN, DNS, DHCP, TCPIP Networking and routing
- Experience in working with Windows XP up to10 including MS office 2007 up to 2016 and Office 365 and other common desktop applications
- Experience in managing projects such as server migrations, upgrades and software/hardware roll outs
- Experience configuring NAS, SAN, network switching, firewalls and routers
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out with due regard to Microcomms Professional Services Ltd’s quality procedures, any Health and Safety regulations and current company law e.g. the Data Protection Act and Inland Revenue requirements
- Relevant and current Microsoft/Cisco certifications
- Experience of using a Helpdesk/Service desk system
Key Skills Required - Desirable
- Experience with deploying Office, Office 365 and Exchange migrations.
- The design and administration of wireless systems.
- Experience of hosted or cloud based VOIP/SIP telephony systems (ie. Skype/Lync, NEC, VoiceFlex etc).
- Experience of ConnectWise CRM
- Experience of the ITIL Framework
- Certifications or experience with Security aspects of networking (Pen testing, device hardening and configuring perimeter security)
- Experience working with patch panels (Cat5/6 & fibre)
REF CW656C - MPSREC007
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Information Technology
- Technical Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job