A large industry leading financial services company is looking for a Senior Desktop Support Analyst to be based from its offices in Chelmsford Essex.
Working as part of a large service desk function, this Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Taking a senior role within the support team, acting as an escalation point and providing guidance and support for 1st and 2nd line support staff.
- Taking ownership of complex incidents escalated by Service Desk Engineers
- Liaising with Infrastructure support teams and 3rd party support where necessary
- Developing a strong understanding of internal financial applications such as Figaro and trading systems
- Providing a high level of 2nd line / desktop support covering Microsoft Windows technologies
- IT project work
- Providing feedback to Service Desk Manager on team performance and KPI's
- Assisting with upgrades to software and systems in the live financial environment
This Senior Desktop Support Analyst is paying a starting salary of up to £38,500 based on experience and includes an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension scheme and bonus.
Please note that due to the client being within the financial services industry you will be required to cover a shift pattern on a rolling basis between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday (7am - 3pm, 9am to 5pm and 11am to 7pm). Occasional travel into the company's Central London office may be required from time to time.
To be considered for this Senior Desktop Engineer role you must have the following experience/skills:
- Previous experience of providing desktop (2nd/3rd line) support in a busy and fast paced environment
- Experience of acting as an escalation point and developing junior members of a support team
- Previous experience of working on IT projects and evaluating products to improve the business operations
- Windows 7,10
- Exchange / Outlook
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- PC and printer hardware support
Experience within an ITIL environment or within financial/professional services would be seen as advantageous however this is not essential.
To apply for this Senior Desktop Support Engineer role please send a copy of your CV quoting reference number ASH16589CH
The Ashdown Group Ltd acts as an employment agency in respect of permanent vacancies and as an employment business in respect of temporary vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job