Senior IT Buyer
Prologis Park, Coventry
Cadent's journey is just beginning and it's an exciting one! If you are looking to work in a start-up feel organisation where innovation is at the heart, and work with a team that have a real desire to make change, then this could be for you…
We're on the lookout for a Senior Buyer who'll be the go to person for our I.T category. You'll be helping set up our IS function for success and to deliver what the business actually needs. You'll be joining a team that is dynamic, knowledgeable, and will help support you to build the career that you want!
What you'll do
- As a Senior Buyer, you'll be defining and implementing the category strategy for your given area of support, leading the Procurement and Contract Management requirements within the IS Category
- Immerse yourself into the business to optimise integration with IS colleagues and ensure business needs are understood and procured in line with the IS strategy
- Create and deliver a Category Strategy identifying future commercial opportunities
- In partnership with colleagues proactively lead all tendering and supplier selection processes and implement the contracts including the development of SLAs and KPIs
- Responsible for Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management ensuring that all suppliers are effectively and appropriately managed and driven to continuously improve their performance (e.g. SLAs / KPIs) and costs. Work with suppliers to identify value adding opportunities and innovations.
- Create and implement sourcing solutions working with senior IS Stakeholders
What you'll bring
- At least 4 years IT procurement with a proven track record of delivering robust category management
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of Procurement processes, tools and sourcing strategies
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management and communications showing the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- The ability to define and measure benefits, including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- A clear knowledge and understanding of the market / supplier dynamics in the IT and Telecoms area
- The ability to bring creative and innovative ideas to delivering procurement solutions
- Project management skills
- Technical understanding of IT technologies and services
- Ideally an appropriate professional qualification e.g. CIPS
- Self-motivation to bring a proactive approach to the team
A little more about us
Over the last few months, you may have seen media coverage about National Grid selling the majority stake in its gas distribution business to an investment group. The sale has recently completed, and we now have a new identity - Cadent.
Ultimately we're still the same sizeable organisation, with the same 200 year heritage, but now we can exclusively focus on what we do best - keeping the energy flowing for our customers. We want to ensure you understand that by applying for this role, you will be applying to join a bright future with Cadent.
For further insight into us please go to - www.cadentgas.com
- Total Cost of Ownership