At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
The Senior Business Relationship Manager will develop strategic relationships within the Finance business area and identify ways for IT to partner with Finance in achieving and exceeding business objectives. You will drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to create maximum competitive advantage. The role combines in-depth understanding of the business area direction and IT expertise to drive the creation of innovative technology solutions. This is a hands-on, close to the business role underpinned by significant investment in IT.
You will work with business units in Finance, focusing on Global Business Services and Global Finance Operations (Transactional Finance). You will be the IT partner for Purchase to Pay, with ~$12Bn of indirect spend through SAP and Ariba across 70+ business units, plus further direct spend in SAP for manufacturing units. Expense Reimbursement, through a single global integrated Concur Travel and Expense platform, processes ~$600m per year across more than 70 countries.
You will be part of a small customer-facing Finance IT team that leverages a global IT matrix spanning 3k people from Cambridge, UK to Chennai, India to Guadalajara , Mexico.
The role supports business operations across P2P and T&E through a BPO partner and AZ processing centres in key locations around the world. Significant technology growth areas supporting global process standardization are workflow, automation (‘robotics’), data analytics and process mining. The core accountabilities of the role are to:
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders , developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the customer account plan, including accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the plan
- Manages a portfolio of investments, prioritizing to align with emerging business strategy
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Work collaboratively with:
Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy
IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
Business analysts to manage requirements and build business cases
Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, to initiate projects, clearly define scope and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
Customer Service function to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience with P2P & T&E in a global context.
- Experience of building high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Degree or relevant business qualification
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry
- Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Agile development methodologies
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- SAP and Process functional acumen in P2P & T&E.
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
Key Relationships to reach solutions
- Global Strategy / Portfolio Managers
- Solution Delivery Leads
- Domain and Solution architects
- Service Delivery Managers
- Customer service group
- Group system owners/steering groups
?AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.