Our client has a vacancy for a highly flexible Senior IT Business Analyst to have a proactive role in the engagement of legal teams. This will involve identifying, communicating and delivering enterprise IT solutions and services to support and drive the efficiency of the business.
You will have a high-level of interaction with senior members of staff and key stakeholders, with a need to develop a strong understanding of how the legal teams work. You will also progress key business strategies and drivers, apply technical knowledge to find solutions for business requirements, as well as data transformation that can underpin these initiatives and processes. You will focus on strategic initiatives for the business area and have a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
As part of a small team, within a very large enterprise, the role requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility, negotiation and adaptability.
You will not be constrained by a rigid job specification and will be sufficiently experienced to be able to pick up additional duties as necessary. You must be "hands on" in your approach whilst always maintaining a focus on the higher-level priorities of the business.
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 10 years’ business analysis / partnering experience across a range of industries
- some previous experience in a legal background is preferable
- a demonstrable track record of delivery in a complex environment
- an analytical approach to problem solving, combined with a creative flair and commercial awareness
- the ability to negotiate desired outcomes from stakeholders at all levels, and customer relationship building
- strong oral, written and presentation skills - with the ability to explain complexity easily to a non-technical stakeholder group
- strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- an aptitude for solving unstructured problems and decision making
- the ability to elicit requirements via multiple means and to determine their appropriateness to given situation, e.g. workshops, interviews etc. IT skills
- the ability to pull data from various sources and to design, construct and execute complex analyses to finally come up with data, reports and proposals that support solving business problems
- strong visual design skills used in creating information dense, easy to understand reports and dashboards
- experience working on multiple data transformation projects
- the ability to clearly communicate stakeholder reporting needs
- the ability to manage more than one complex project in parallel
- strong risk, issues and dependency management experience
- BCS Business Analysis International Diploma is desirable, not essential
Key competencies you will have:
- an analytical mindset and the ability to see the big picture
- knowledge of organisational behaviour
- deductive reasoning
- leadership qualities and strong collaboration skills
- negotiation and persuasive skills
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.