Senior Investment Manager
£70k to £115k + very compelling bonus and benefits.
Leeds or Harrogate
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Investment Manager for one of the UK’s leading discretionary Investment Management firms, focusing on providing and managing bespoke investment portfolios for private clients, trusts, charities and pension funds.
They have won many Investment Industry Awards over the last 2 years and also been awarded a Defaqto 5* rating for their Discretionary Portfolio Management and Managed Portfolio Services for the last five years.
The salary banding is generous and is relevant to experience and history. As an incentive, Net New Money is paid at 100% over £35k. i.e. if you were to bring £50m(purely an example not a requirement) @ 1%, you would get a £465,000 bonus.
To provide investment advice and investment management services to private customers in accordance with their individual circumstances and investment objectives.
Senior Investment Manager Responsibilities:
- Attract, develop and retain a portfolio of private client relationships to maximise asset and revenue growth by meeting client’s needs, including managing client assets on a discretionary or advisory basis as well as introducing other products and services.
- To assess existing and potential clients’ circumstances, investment objectives and attitude to risk, and recommend appropriate Company and other professional services as relevant.
- To ensure that any investment advice and decisions to trade are suitable for the client, taking into consideration their individual circumstances.
- To ensure that all client relationships are properly documented and all required information is obtained from the client on a timely basis, ensuring where relevant that "know your client" information is maintained up-to-date and properly documented.
- To provide investment advice appropriate to the client’s needs, and in compliance with all relevant rules, regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- To have a clear understanding of the client’s investment objectives, risk profile, investment experience and financial resource and be clear about the suitability of the recommendations to advisory clients and of the transactions effected for clients under a discretionary mandate.
- To attend and participate in relevant company meetings as required in the various other aspects of the Company investment selection process.
- To provide clients and/or their agents with such information and reports about their investment transactions, income payments and investment performance as requested and/or specified in the terms and conditions of the relevant service.
- To ensure all operations affecting clients are carried out in accordance with FCA rules, i.e. AML checks, suitability advice, avoiding market abuses such as churning and front running, establishing that up to date client agreement letters are on file for clients.
- To ensure that the Company fulfils its obligations to Treating Customers Fairly.
Qualifications and experience:
Educated to at least equivalent to UK Graduate level.
Professional qualifications as specified by the relevant regulatory authority and the Company's T&C Scheme.
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Fund Services