Do you want to join the UK’s number 1 'investment supermarket’, trusted for over 35 years to help our clients save and invest with confidence?
We are trusted with over £82 billion of assets, by more than 1 million clients, based in the busy Harbourside area of Bristol.
Our growth plans over the next few years are substantial, and we would love for you to join us on our journey….
The Investment Helpdesk is the primary contact team for Hargreaves Lansdown’s one million+ clients.
The Bristol-based 130 person team will handle over 800,000 calls per year and more than 140,000 pieces of written correspondence. Team members also meet clients face to face.
The Investment Helpdesk are highly trained; we have no automated menus and calls are intentionally unscripted. We invest in building the knowledge and skill of our people to be able to hold natural, free-flowing conversations about all manner of investment matters. The conversation is dictated by the specific requirements of the caller, not by a predefined piece of text or decision tree.
We have enjoyed significant demand growth recently which has prompted us to look to further strengthen the Investment Helpdesk Management team. We now seek an experienced manager with a proven track record in a client facing (preferably contact centre) environment, to join us and help drive the team to further success.
As Senior Investment Helpdesk Manager you will assume overall operational responsibility for our Investment Helpdesk. You will also be responsible for our Active Savings and Online Support teams, which are subsets of the broader Helpdesk. In addition to operational responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to play an active part in shaping future client contact strategy. This will include undertaking or overseeing ad hoc projects and continually exploring opportunities for improvement.
You must ensure the Investment Helpdesk meet the high standards we expect when interacting with our clients and maintain our ambitious service levels. Optimal allocation of resource will be key to success here. As such, experience in running multiple teams across a variety of shift patterns would be particularly advantageous.
Our staff are one of our greatest assets and it is imperative you look after your people. You must ensure your team are engaged and empowered to do the best possible job. The right person for the role will consider themselves a 'people person’ and place huge importance on the motivation, well-being and continual development of the individuals within their team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal allocation of resource (includes rotas, lunches, training programmes & secondments)
- Review department performance to identify areas for improvement (and implement changes as required)
- Ensure your team have tools and training required to perform their role effectively Forecast future requirements Report on performance to plan (actual vs projected)
- Ensure call and correspondence targets are met
- Actively identify opportunities to changes practice or process to improve service or efficiency
- Spot opportunities for business generation or retention and implement ideas
- Risk Management
- Review of complaint / dealing errors attributed to Investment Helpdesk teams (plus agree and implement actions)
- Quality Assurance of team activity
- Ensure adherence with CASS reporting requirements
- Inter and intra team communication
- Coordination with Helpdesk Operations Manager regarding Business Continuity Planning
- Ensure all departmental policies and procedures are accurately captured and maintained
- Overall responsibility for well-being, happiness and personal development of team members
- Ensure people are engaged and empowered to do the best possible job
- Oversee ad hoc department projects
- Planning delivery of projects (30/90 day plans)
- Contributing to cross department project and group discussion
- Ultimate responsibility for the quality of the output of the department
- Reporting to senior management on team performance (including creation of action plans)
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of managing client / customer facing teams
- Resource allocation
- Staff development
- Dispute resolution
- Understanding of products and services offered by Hargreaves Lansdown
- Confident computer user; including MS Office
- Exceptional communication skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Higher classification degree (2:1 or first)
- Completed finance industry exams, e.g. Regulated Diploma in Financial Services
- Accredited Manager
- Strong people management background
- Experience of managing multiple teams simultaneously
- Delivering projects on time and to budget
- Experience of financial services
- Contact centre experience
- Sound basic knowledge of the UK retail investment market
- Understanding of UK tax wrappers e.g. ISAs, Pensions
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce. As part of your application we would be grateful if you could complete an equal opportunities section. The information will be used solely for diversity monitoring purposes and is not visible to the person reviewing your application form.