Senior Investment and Development Manager - Student Accommodation OUR CLIENT is a well-established, private, UK real estate developer and investor based in Central London. As they expand and escalate their offering and launch a series of new funds and increase their pipeline, they have exclusively instructed us to identify a suitably qualified real estate professional to assume responsibility for the active Investment and Asset Management of its nationwide UK assets as well as helping them deliver their development and investment pipeline in the Student Accommodation sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that have worked successfully for 10 years and is ambitious and committed to growing AUM from £150m to £500m over the next 5 years.
THE ROLE - Reporting directly to Fund Board and investment Committee, the Investment and Development Manager will manage the investment, transaction and development process from inception, through managing external stakeholders to successful completion. Main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the entire development process: ensuring that development sites are built out to the required quality, on time, and meeting the Funds' profit hurdle.
- Identifying, gaining access to, and securing new transactions (development opportunities and standing assets).
- Managing and overseeing property sourcing team and liaison with agents.
- Reviewing the financial viability of the opportunity.
- Financial Modelling for property opportunities - working independently and with a team of analysts.
- Leading the due diligence on and execution of transactions, overseeing external advisors, lawyers and accountants as well as the internal team.
- Participating in investment and strategy meetings and contributing to the formulation of robust business plans for current and prospective purchases.
- Identifying and implementing methods of research and analysis market data to regularly re-evaluate investment and exit strategies.
- Producing and coordinating the preparation of investment documents.
- Maximising the value of the existing portfolio from an investment perspective, leading and implementing asset management initiatives.
- Ensuring critical third-party relationships of well monitored and maintained with integrity.
- Managing the investment performance within the portfolio.
- Analysing and interrogating the operating characteristics of properties.
- Preparing comparative reports, SWOT analysis and recommendations.
- Reporting on portfolio at asset level, monthly and quarterly.
- Reviewing Portfolio Income.
- Reviewing Valuations.
- Maintaining of property filing and acquisition bibles and property log.
To apply, must possess detailed Student Housing sector experience coupled with a strong understanding of property fundamentals and development with experience and understanding of the full lifecycle or a property investment: acquisitions, development, asset management and sales. Additionally, you will not only be able to demonstrate advanced technical and analytical skills but have the proven ability to source transactions (predominantly development opportunities) and effectively assess, negotiate and execute in both detailed and favourable but fair way. You will also possess the ability to work with and present to senior stakeholders. This is a key role in the business as the platform operates on a horizontally integrated basis and also possess the ability to work in a regulated, institutionally driven, but entrepreneurial environment. You will be a good communicator with sound commercial acumen. Finally, you will be commercial, honest, outgoing, and self-confident without being arrogant.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
- Real Estate
- Asset Manager
- Student accommodation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'