We have a new opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our EMEA Financial Audit team based either at our Inchinnan site, Paisley or Altrincham site, Manchester.
You will join an existing team of seven experienced auditors and report into the Senior Manager, with ultimate VP leadership based in Boston, MA. You will conduct internal financial audits of sites that are at the forefront of medical and scientific technology, travelling to a variety of vibrant cities across Europe, including Berlin, Stockholm, Milan, Budapest and many others. Working closely with site Finance, you will perform operational effectiveness testing on key financial controls to ensure integrity over the financial records and transaction accuracy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to join a fast paced and diverse audit function with the world’s leader in serving science.
What you will do:
- Executing audit plans, understanding the specific issues to be evaluated within established business process controls
- Develop formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, making recommendations where appropriate
- Facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits
- Perform audits resulting in assurances that our internal controls and processes meet world-class standards
- Work closely with management teams in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimisation, profit improvement, internal control and compliance
- Participate in annual Sarbanes-Oxley assertion and attestation process
- Assist with the development of risk assessments and audit plans
- Assist in establishing common processes, policies, and procedures across a multi-location, international company
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree and CA/ACA/ACCA/ACMA qualified
- Audit or industry accounting experience either in the public accounting sector or internal audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley audit/financial experience
- Strong accounting background
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and management
- Strong analytical skills
- The role requires around 25% to 30% travel per annum, primarily within Europe, which is set annually in advance
What we offer:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits scheme
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'