Sellick Partnership is recruiting for a large Public Sector organisation to provide a lead role in the Internal Audit team through completion of the quarterly and annual plans. The role will provide independent and objective assurance to the SMT and Board through undertaking audits designed to add value and improve operations that will enable the organisation to accomplish its objectives and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Leading on delivery of the Internal Audit service through the Annual Plan and assigned audits across all business areas including planning, allocation, review and collation of work by other members of the team
* Complete internal audit assignments in accordance with agreed processes and standards, including strategic and risk based audits and those of a complex and /or technical nature
* Establishing contract compliance standards and evidence requirements for each funding contract/project and undertake work to ensure adherence to these requirements
* Build effective working relationships with Directors and Senior Managers within the organisation, liaising with and updating the SMT on risks and issues as appropriate
* Provide a key point of contact to the SMT for the interpretation of funding, contractual and legislative requirements
* Provide company-specific support to other auditors, completing fieldwork and aiding in the production of reports as required
* Gather sufficient evidence to demonstrate the evaluation of risk management and the systems of internal control
* Generate audit reports reflective of the audit work undertaken and including recommendations for improvements, ensuring reports provide independent, objective assurance to the audit committee on the design and operating effectiveness of the internal controls in place
* Produce reports that demonstrate progress and control of assigned quarterly and annual plans; referring requests for variances in agreed audit work for prior approval by audit management
* Perform investigations into irregularities or suspicions of fraud whilst respecting the confidentiality of information and following relevant regulations, working with audit senior management on investigative work of a more serious nature
The ideal candidate will be a Part Qualified or Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA) - study support provided for Part Quals, possess an advanced Diploma and/or qualified CCAB.
You must have previous audit experience preferably Internal Audit, and have lead and delivered internal audits to including those of a complex nature using defined internal audit methodologies including risk based auditing. The ideal candidate will have managed multiple work assignments concurrently within an agreed plan and have proven results in delivering to specified deadlines
Please get in touch ASAP on or email