My client is looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to join their business.
The Responsibilities of the Internal Audit Senior Auditor role include:
- Planning and conducting each assigned audit and risk review or project (discrete business unit, process or project and across the group), requiring planning capability to ensure the review is delivered to time, cost and quality as well as in accordance with the Global Internal Audit methodology, professional standards and group policies.
- Understanding and executing a range of audit techniques including data analysis tools and procedures; adapting approaches to test process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Where applicable, overseeing the team’s activity to produce a draft report based on issues/findings observed.
- Producing clear, balanced, contextualised and challenging high quality draft reports, for review by the Audit Manager, which summarise all identified audit issues arising from the field work. These must enable the business to address risk and control issues.
- Reviewing the completion and quality of audit work performed by peer and also less experienced (Auditor, Graduate and Guest) level team members to ensure that conclusions reached are supported, and that controls in respect of risks identified have been appropriately tested.
- Validating findings with auditees and management.
- Developing and agreeing with auditees and management, over which the role has no authority, actions which are adequate, appropriate and proportionate to remediate the risk. Requiring skills in persuasion, negotiation and relationship management.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to track the completion of all agreed actions required to rectify audit issues identified in the audit reports, escalating any overdue actions as required.
- Coordinating teams and individuals - where applicable, motivating, leading, coaching and supporting Auditor, Graduate and Guest team members overall and during projects as appropriate to ensure skills, knowledge and experience are effectively shared and utilised.
- Working on planned audits across the group spanning a number of countries, requiring business knowledge, networking and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to recognise and adapt to different cultures and ways of working.
- Developing, maintaining and owning local stakeholder relationships as assigned.
Job Holders Essential Skills
- Professional qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA, CMIIA or equivalent) or (formally) qualified auditor.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of internal audit practice, governance, risk management and internal control with relevant audit experience.
- Strong academic qualifications including a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate and/or summarise technical issues for a non-technical audience.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of professional internal audit practice, governance, risk management and internal control, combined with experience of their practical application.
- Basic level of experience of advanced audit techniques including programme assurance, contract risk, development and execution of tests using data analysis tools and risk/control advisory.
- Basic knowledge of financial reporting standards (US GAAP, IFRS), Sarbanes Oxley type compliance programmes; experience of auditing large programmes and knowledge of programme governance frameworks (PRINCE2, Agile, MSP) is highly desirable.
- Building relationships and managing stakeholders.
- Facilitating discussions, negotiating and persuading auditees and senior management; able to challenge appropriately whilst maintaining a flexible approach in order to achieve the appropriate outcome
- Ability to operate both individually and within a team, demonstrating adaptability and proactivity to ensure successful delivery of team and personal objectives.
- Experience of coordinating teams and individuals including motivating, leading, coaching, developing and supporting individuals.
- Experience of working internationally including across cultures is desirable.
The position will require regular travel internationally, and a limited amount of travel nationally; estimated to amount to 50% per annum
My client is looking for a candidate with Internal Audit experience and if possible coming from Big 4 ( it is not essential you have Big 4 experience as long as you have Internal Audit experience)
European Languages would be an advantage.
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Big Four
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Audit
- US GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"