Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, is currently seeking a Senior Integrity Engineer. This is a great opportunity to work as part of their Integrity team based in Norwich.
This is a great opportunity for a self- motivated individual to be responsible for the technical management of the structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance of offshore and onshore assets. The primary aspect of the role is to support and manage integrity assurance suitability engineering assessments with regard to asset structural integrity, regulatory compliance, performance, people and costs.
The role requires an in-depth understanding of offshore structural engineering, recognition of defects and anomalies and the ability to engineer remedial actions as necessary. The role also requires engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues. The role supports the specific goal of ensuring the structural assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide risk assessment and recommendation of action, and approve, requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities
- Be responsible for the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS). Continual development of risk based inspection strategies. Manage inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
- Act as a 'focal point’ for Discipline Engineers and in direct support of line management
- Contribute and be responsible for the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems. Undertake strategic reviews and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
- Contribute to the continual development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables
- Support the Team Leader/Competent Structural Engineer in the Management of Change process, providing technical advice on modifications.
- Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors.
- Support offshore assets and onshore Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues.
- Overseeing structural integrity support contractor’s performance, scope, quality of service and value for money, as directed.
- Management of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API’s, ISO’s or any other appropriate codes of practice, in the performance of relevant life extension assessments where required, and as directed
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering along with relevant experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API.
If you have strong organisation and communication skills, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd