My client is looking for Senior Integration Architects to take leadership roles within a fast growing digitisation consultancy.
This client facing, senior delivery focused role will involve the full life cycle of activities related to modern SOA, 'API first’ and cloud architecture design and implementation. 2+ years in API design, management and architecture in one of the big players (Apigee, Axway, Mulesoft, CA Technologies, Mashery, RedHat etc), Extensive experience in one or more of the following technology suites: Enterprise (TIBCO, SoftwareAG, Oracle) or Open Source (Mule, WS02, RedHat);
You will deliver designs capable of meeting stringent non-functional requirements relating to performance, security and scalability. You will be comfortable in supporting all aspects of delivery - requirements definition, build, test through to support; in a hands on basis if required.
Though delivery will be a priority for the role, it will involve a wide variety of other activities to support the ongoing growth of business going forward. Commercial activities, business development, evangelising Integration technologies, development of more junior staff and our near shore capability will be required.
You will be responsible for:
- Proposing innovative integration technology solutions and taking the lead in implementing and evaluating those solutions;
- SOA, API and Microservice design and development on the Cloud as well as on-premise environments.
- Supervise and deliver architecture design, infrastructure design, build and deployment activities;
- Developing integration patterns and standards based on industry best practice eg. JSON, SOAP, REST, MQ etc;
- Delivering high level designs using industry standard methodologies (UML process flow/sequence diagrams etc) to articulate complex tasks to business and technical teams;
- Working effectively with 3rd party and offshore development teams;
- 5+ years experience in dealing with Integration Architectures, including logical and physical design to support functional and non-functional requirements (HA/DR/FT);
- 2+ years in API design, management and architecture in one of the big players (Apigee, Axway, Mulesoft, CA Technologies, Mashery, RedHat etc);
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following technology suites: Enterprise (TIBCO, SoftwareAG, Oracle) or Open Source (Mule, WS02, RedHat);
- Experience in delivering on-prem/off-prem/hybrid architectures utilising current technologies and approaches (Containers, PaaS, SaaS etc);
- Possesses a good understanding of the Integration market place: Current vendors, their technologies and can articulate the key differences in their offerings;
- Strong technical development background with good experience of project management methodologies;
- DevOps and agile delivery skills experience.
- Must have recent hands on experience with design, build and test strategies;
- Nice to Haves: Analytics, Big Data or CEP experience;
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Naturally resilient, tenacious and results driven with excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Self-starter and highly motivated towards success;
- Keen interest in new technology and the possibilities it creates;
- Must be proactive, show initiative and desire to learn new business subjects;
- Happy to get in and get hands dirty as part of a start-up mentality;
- Have a commercially focussed approach to delivery, be able to develop accounts and spot potential opportunities. Be able to articulate the business value of those both internally and to the customer;
- Proven ability in building senior relationships with both technical and non-technical client stakeholders;
- Be equally comfortable in leading teams of Technical Architects as well creating the technical solution yourself;
- Enjoy learning new technologies and be willing to cross skill as necessary in this rapidly, fast moving IT world;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- London, Reading, Home Counties, South East
- API development
- Information Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job