Senior Commercial Claims Handler - Essex
Salary - up to £32,000 DOE + Benefits
Our client is a Lloyds Broker based In London and Billericay, currently looking for a Senior Claims Handler to join their team
To provide a comprehensive claims reporting, chasing and advice service to customers, including settlements of claims up to authorised limits under delegated authority arrangements, if applicable.
Ensure all claims team members are aware of procedures and work to agreed standards of service, and to be on hand to advise them and deal with any issues should they arise and reporting them back to the Head of Claims if needed.
Must have handled all classes of claims - Liability (EL, Public & Products), Property, BI, Financial Lines & Fleet/Motor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be the first point of contact for customers in the reporting of all types of claim, ensuring they receive prompt and accurate advice on either contacting insurers direct, or how this will be dealt with on their behalf.
- Ensure all required documentation in support of claims, e.g. report forms, witness statements, proofs of value, registration documents and loss assessor’s reports are dealt with as a priority and despatched to insurers or their representatives without delay.
- Negotiate with insurers, as required, in relation to the settlement of claims, both in respect of policy liability and settlement amount.
- Maintain client records with up to date information regarding claims history, including updating of KNOWLEDGE:
The job requires a thorough knowledge of:
- The claims reporting procedure for each insurer.
- Each insurer's requirements in respect of estimates, preferred repairers, etc.
- The Insurance Ombudsman Bureau and the processes involved.
- Data Protection Act
- The consequences of non-disclosure of material facts and be under insured, and the options available to an insurer (i.e. settle the claim on a proportional basis, or void the policy).
- The Insurance Act 20125
If you wish to apply for this position please complete the link and a consultant from Cameron James will be in contact with you