Our Intention... Is to be recognised as a world class company and provider of choice, with a reputation for setting standards of excellence. We want to be known for the high quality of our service and responsive customer care, and for this to lead to an increase in our existing market share as we expand into new and complementary markets.
You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers engaged in the decommissioning, installing, lifting, moving and packing of equipment and machinery, predominantly in the Hi-tech industry sector & in clean room environments.
Taking a hands-on approach to supervise and assist in the completion of the work using ground handling equipment, counterbalance forklifts and other suitable equipment, ensuring a "safety first" approach is consistently maintained.
Our philosophy.. Has always been to say "Yes", and then to work out how to surpass that client's expectations. It's also always to overcome obstacles and make sure that a job gets done, whatever it takes such as :
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the team engaged with the activity to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements.
- Ensure familiar with and enforce strict compliance with company set standards of work & Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Arrange and organise all equipment, material and personnel required for the timely completion of task
- To support, coach, train and develop staff
- Assist and determine the proper method for each assigned project
- Take direct responsibility for ensuring regular maintenance, inspection and repair of the company tools and equipment; ensuring team are properly supplied with tools
- Assist with management and control of costs to improve profitability
- Complete Site Surveys in a detailed and consistent manner
As a Installation Engineer wanting to exceed you will be given supervisory task
- Ensure day-to-day tasks are completed competently in compliance with the associated safety procedures laid out in the method statement & risk assessment
- Ensure compliance of team with company set standards of work
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Provide reports and progress information as required
- Support, coach, train and develop staff as required
- Ensure team are properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials
Knowledge and Skills required to complete job
- Good level of education, preferably from Mechanical engineering background
- Knowledge of the mechanics and technicalities of machinery movement & logistics
- Experience of lifting sensitive and heavy equipment in clean room environments preferred
- Proficient oral & written communication skills for customer and team liaison
- Proficient planning and organisation skills
- Flexible & adaptable approach to work with ability to cope with change
- Ability to motivate others to perform to their best
- Proficient with basic computer skills (MS Office)
- B1 & B2 Forklift driving licence and advanced skills in use of forklift trucks
- Full, clean driving licence preferred
Excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take responsibility within an already established team.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.