Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Inspection Engineer to join their busy team.
Reporting directly to the Inspection Team Leader the Senior Inspection Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality, technical execution and reporting of all asset integrity inspections for offshore facilities to achieve suitable standards; including, but not limited to, the topside structures, pressure system static equipment and pipeline riser inspections.
The SIE provides support to the Inspection Team Leader on inspection strategies, procedures, operations, cost control and the selection of new technologies to ensure accurate inspection results.
Working a 2 week on 2week off shift pattern this role will be based in Norwich with offshore travel as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include
- Co-ordination Support - work with the inspection co-ordinators to ensure thorough preparation and organisation of the integrity inspection scope of work for all facilities seeking additional guidance from integrity engineers as required
- Inspection quality - responsible to ensure all inspection reports are fully reviewed for clarity, accuracy and fulfilment of scope. SIE to ensure periodic audits of inspection processes, procedures, and vendor provision to ensure required quality is maintained.
- Inspection team competence -Responsible to ensure periodic audit of inspection teams and associated contracting companies to ensure required competence is maintained.
- Ad-hoc inspections - Ensure Written Schemes of Examination for ad-hoc activities are suitable for the Inspection to take place. Source suitable, competent and cost effective resources from known vendors. Supply information to Coordinators to ensure the resources are mobilised in a timely manner.
- Technical support - provide the technical support on inspection issues to integrity engineers with regard to preparation and authorising written schemes of examination and workscopes.
- Inspection - provide inspection technique & methodology advice to field inspection technicians, and perform on-site inspection tasks/audits as and when required.
- Notification - provide prompt notification to the relevant Integrity Engineer, or relevant stakeholder, of any significant integrity concerns determined from inspections.
- Cost Control - Support the ITL in creating a cost sensitive culture, including rate appraisal with the various vendors, ensuring the teams work efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the offshore Oil and Gas Industry and will ideally have a good knowledge of Oil and Gas processes, engineering standards, relevant legislation requirements and management principles, as well as a strong understanding of inspection and non-destructive testing methods.
As the Senior Inspection Engineer, you will have high safety standards, strong leadership skills, along with the ability to develop others and provide timely feedback and guidance to all team engineers.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd