Overall job purpose
The Restructuring Advisory team provides a full range of distressed turnaround and insolvency services including administration, administrative receivership, CVL, MVL, compulsory liquidation and advisory work.
The Administrator/Senior Administrator will support colleagues by ensuring that each assignment is carried out efficiently and effectively, that statutory requirements are adhered to, and that creditors and other interested parties receive a quality service in all respects.
The role will involve the administration and progression of a caseload of corporate insolvency (and solvent liquidation) appointments and will include the full range of case related work, eg. preparation of case documentation, realisation of assets, investigations, assessment of creditors claims and the distribution of funds, compliance with statutory requirements and best practice.
We actively invest in the careers of our team members and the Administrator/Senior Administrator will also have the opportunity to take part in networking and other business development activity, benefit from an excellent combination of structured and 'on the job’ training to support their personal and professional development.
The Administrator/Senior Administrator will be based in our Guildford office and will be part of our recently expanded Southern region team which comprises the former Guildford, Gatwick, Reading, Bristol and Tunbridge Wells teams.
- To administer corporate insolvency and solvent liquidation assignments.
- To carry out duties efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures and relevant statutory and extra-statutory obligations.
- To undertake all duties to the highest standards of objectivity, integrity, and professionalism, and with appropriate awareness of the, sometimes, conflicting needs of stakeholders such as directors, shareholders, employees and creditors
- To communicate any problems in complying with those instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the colleagues immediately.
- To help to ensure a cost-effective administration of cases and where relevant, realisation of assets by maintaining records promptly and efficiently. To ensure a prompt and appropriate reaction to all correspondence and telephone calls.
- Compliance diary management.
- To treat creditors and other interested parties with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service.
- To record time spent on a regular basis, and to ensure that time charged is consistent with the proper performance of the work.
- To monitor time costs and recommend appropriate billing to colleagues, including processing and ensuring that the necessary approvals are obtained to achieve prompt collection of such fees.
- To perform the firm’s review procedures, ensuring that points raised are adequately and promptly actioned.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s other services and to ensure a prompt, courteous and effective liaison with other departments.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil CPE requirements.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To assist in marketing activities as required.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role, as directed.
Personal and professional qualities
- Experience in corporate insolvency and solvent liquidations (three years plus desirable) and working within a professional services environment.
- CPI qualified (desirable but not essential).
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently, both remotely or in person.
- Proactive thinking, problem solving and the ability to self-motivate.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (or equivalent) and IPS (the latter is desirable but not essential).
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'