We've been finding a better way for over 130 years.
Now it's your turn...
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others refuse. We are a trusted and ethical lender - lending to our customers face to face, and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable, and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different. And, joining our team, you will be a big part of this.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a IT Infrastructure Manager at our head office in Bradford. Here you will take responsibility for the management of the Platform Design Team which delivers new services and technologies into operational service. Using ITIL, Prince and Agile frameworks the team must evaluate, select and design solutions using existing and new technologies. As well as line management responsibility the role is responsible for managing the relationships with stakeholders and will be the main point of escalation for the team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues have a clear understanding of the business objectives and how their role contributes to them
- Lead, engage and motivate the service management team and the wider operations and service teams to deliver business objectives
- Build capability of the team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members
- Effectively communicate with Head of Function to provide feedback on potential succession plans and team performance
- Manage day to day activity and delegate workload so that it is distributed appropriately
- Ensure the right people are in the right roles and that skills are being utilised effectively
- Responsible for the delivery of team objectives
- Ensure work is delivered in line with SLAs and agreed targets
- Responsible for managing costs within budget parameters
- Ensure business policy and processes reflect current practices and are adhered to
- Provides operational and specialist insight to drive continuous improvement
- Identify risks and provide proposals for potential solutions, balancing risk with business needs
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior technology focused role who has worked within a variety of large complex environments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to influence and challenge constructively, particularly at Head of Function level
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a team
- Able to delegate responsibility
- Able to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Rigorous attention to detail
- ITIL Service design and Service acceptance.
- Strong Project Management skills in Price and Agile
- Experience of management of large IT budgets (5 million+)
- Practical experience of real life IT Service implementation, training, procurement and commissioning
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business
- Understanding of ITIL disciplines within a commercial environment
- ITIL Foundation
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. And, working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we'll give you a package including pension and bonus schemes, and a whole range of other benefits besides.
- IT infrastructure manager AND office 365 AND mobile applications AND budgets