Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Hymans Robertson LLP is one of the UK’s leading actuarial, pensions, investment and benefit consultancies, employing over 800 staff in four UK offices in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham. The firm operates as an independent partnership and prides itself on an innovative, client focussed approach. We provide independent pensions, investment and life consultancy services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our clients include some of the UK’s leading names and largest pension schemes, while our continued growth and success has been recognised by numerous industry awards.
We believe everyone has a right to a better future. We make sure it’s not left down to chance.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a senior technical, multi-disciplined expert to support cloud and data centre technologies. The role will be split between providing support and development of core IT platforms to the business as well as working with multi-disciplined teams in a "DevOps" capacity.
You will be working within a small data centre team responsible for a large array of technologies ranging from traditional data centre to advanced uses of Cloud.
As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to act in a traditional "3rd line" support capacity and help support the technical development of others within the department.
Key responsibilities will include
• Working as part of cross departmental, agile innovation teams on proof of concepts and technical spikes to ensure the provisioning of competitive market leading products and services.
• Ensuring operational efficiency by developing automated processes for both cloud and on premises workloads.
• Proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance ensuring systems are secure, performant and resilient.
• Development of the IT infrastructure and cloud environments, identifying and implementing new technologies and services supporting current and future business requirements driven by working with technical stakeholders throughout the business.
• Provide 2nd / 3rd line support and knowledge sharing to the IT Help Desk, ensuring the delivery of an efficient and effective service to the end-users.
• Provide expert knowledge and support to software engineering and other technical teams fostering a collaborative working environment.
• Maintenance and improvement of compliance / regulatory controls and requirements including ISO27001 while facilitating internal and external audit processes in relation to IT infrastructure.
• Degree or equivalent desirable.
• Relevant technical certification with appropriate vendors desirable.
• Experience of working in a DevOps environment supporting and contributing to agile software delivery essential.
• Strong skills with Microsoft data centre and Windows Server with experience in Azure essential.
• Experience of virtualisation technologies essential, Hyper-V preferred.
• Experience of configuring and supporting Office 365, managing & supporting Linux workloads and Azure Devops, also preferred
• Experience of SAN technologies essential, with NetApp preferred.
• Experience of server hardware installation and configuration essential, Cisco preferred.
• Automation skills essential, PowerShell, Azure CLI, JSON preferred.
• A passion for technology
• Excellent organisation and planning, communication and analytics skills
In Return We Offer
A highly competitive salary
Award Winning Benefits package
Shared Values - Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward
Exceptional learning & development opportunities
An excellent working environment with a strong social scene
Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity including neuro diversity and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We want everyone in the firm to thrive, from the very first day they walk through the doors. We want our people to seize the initiative, be creative, push forward and grow with us. Our vision for our employees is simple, to make their job at Hymans Robertson the best they have ever had.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'