We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer looking for a new challenge within a large, global education academy that is at the forefront of teaching technology and virtual learning. This role will be based in Warwick and you will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, efficient and high quality 2nd/3rd line support service for all aspects of the core network, service infrastructure and cloud services. This role will also take the lead on project implementation in line with global/regional strategy and co-ordinate local resources.
They have 25 campus sites across the UK with their UK HQ in Warwick and are part of a global network operating 130 campuses in 21 countries with a global HQ in Australia. The most pressing projects this person will implement is a move to Office 365, moving various learning tools to the cloud and the implementation of a global communication/messaging application in the UK.
Due to this role being within the education sector an Enhanced DBS check will be needed
- 2nd/3rd line technical support service for all aspects of the organisations UK infrastructure
- Plan and implement technology infrastructure improvements in line with global strategy
- Supervise junior team members and any staff seconded to support the Infrastructure team’s activities, as required.
- Ensure all relevant technical documentation for projects and systems is produced and shared appropriately
- Manage all technical escalations to global team, knowledge share regional improvements and drive continuous improvement.
- Previous experience within an infrastructure role ideally within the multi-site commercial or education industries
- Relevant degree in IT, Business Computing or something similar is ideal
- Good experience and hands-on troubleshooting of Microsoft Stack including some or all of: Windows Server 2012 and/or 2016, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, SystemCenter Applications, Azure, Office 365.
- Experience in customer relationship management and managing complex technical support queries
- Experience in critically examining IT services to identify improvements, manage projects and implement significant change
- A flexible and positive attitude to work and a willingness to continually develop your skills and adapt to new technology
Base Salary of £42,000 - £48,000. Other benefits include 25 days holiday (plus B/H), Matched Pension, Healthcare, Free lunches and Free Parking.
- Cloud Computing
- Network Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Management