"An opportunity to work for a dynamic and progressive managed service provider who can offer future career progression and development"
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
About the role:
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will have responsibility for ensuring that all clients are supported for their 3rd line issues.
You will be expected to receive escalations from other Service Desk Analysts and occasionally from Technical Consultants in the field.
You will also work with the Service Desk Manager to review tickets, respond to customer queries and accept ownership of troublesome tickets.
- Accept ownership of customer tickets as raised and see all tickets through to resolution
- All tickets and work thereon must be recorded in the Service Desk software
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved tickets to the appropriate internal teams and/ or Vendors
- Receive escalation requests from other members of the team to ensure all tickets are resolved in a timely fashion
- Allocate new tickets to SDA’s or self as required
- Re-allocate existing tickets to self/ other SDA’s as required
- Assist the SDM with ticket reviews
- Mentor the other SDA’s to increase overall team knowledge
- Assist the SDM with administrative duties during periods of leave and sickness
- Assist the SDM with complaint investigation
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers in a courteous way at all times
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Undertake health checks and pre-contract audits, both remote and on-site when required
- To provide 3rd line support for company systems and staff
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Keep your technical knowledge and skills up to date, with certificates
- Work with Directors and SDM to enhance the existing offerings and onboard new offerings
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Cost and efficiency-focused
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Very strong communication skills both on telephone and face to face
- Very strong technical skills in several of the following, with a focus on Office 365 and Azure: vSphere (VCP), Horizon View, Hyper-V, Microsoft server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange / O365, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft RDS, SAN & SAN Fabric, Backup/business continuity, LAN networking, Wireless networking, Citrix XenApp, Azure
- To have at least 1 years in a similar role or 3 years as a 3rd line support technician
- You may be expected to travel to client sites at short notice
- You will be required to work varying shifts 08:00-16:30, 09:00-17:30 or 09:30-18:00 to cover the needs of the Service Desk
- You will be required to be on-call to service our 24X7 clients for 1 week in each month.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job