Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will maintain a balance between responding to escalated technical support requests and projects required to maintain our core infrastructure.
This role will proactively identify trends in issues raised on the helpdesk and raise work streams in order to address the root cause of these issues from front end user through to backend services. This role will work closely with the UK IT Operations Manager to raise, manage and deliver continual service improvement.
- Serve as final point of technical escalation and take ownership of and responsibility for escalated technical problems and be proactive when dealing with issues, liaising with both internal and external support functions.
- Provide technical guidance and support for project and development teams to facilitate continual product release and updates.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and the rest of the IT department to ensure smooth and reliable operation of technical estate in order to business objectives and processes.
- Work with team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and deliver technical projects within strict timeframes and manage escalation of incidents within defined timelines.
- Identify trends based on issues logged by users and address these trends with relevant solutions via technical project work and prioritised in conjunction with IT Operations Manager
- Participate in the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, in line with business support needs and requirements.
- Ensure all changes are carried out in a controlled and tested manner according to our change control process.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records both for internal IT use and for business use.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports in line with business support requirements. Make improvement recommendations on the back of this analysis.
Skills and Experience Required:
We're looking for an experienced senior infrastructure engineer who has extensive experience of:
- Planning and delivering complex technical projects on time and with minimum disruption;
- Working in a technical role, dealing with technical escalations and conducting/overseeing root cause fault analysis and problem management within a multi skilled IT department;
- Being in a team responsible for an â€œalways-up, always-availableâ€ service (i.e. high availability, business continuity, disaster recovery) environment;
Expert knowledge of at least three of the following (with good knowledge of all highly desirable):
o Cisco networking, network design, implementation and support (router, switches & firewalls)
o VMWare (vSphere, vCenter, vMotion and SRM). VDI would be highly desirable.
o Windows technologies (Domain Management, OS, Exchange / O365)
o Scripting (using Powershell / VB)
o Storage (design, implement and manage)
o Security (firewall, vulnerability assessments, PKI, IDS/IPS, detection/prevention methods, OWASP)
o Linux (manage, maintain and support)
As part of our selection process we ask candidates invited for interview to be ready to evidence and demonstrate their experience and knowledge in a technical interview.
- Information Technology
- 3rd Line Support
- Cisco Networking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"