We have an opportunity to work with an international FTSE 100 firm based in Central London. They are looking to hire an experienced Cloud Engineer to join their busy team of 7.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure fundamentals: IP services (DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, IPv6), PKI & networking concepts.
- Knowledge of VPN/LAN/WAN and Cloud networking technologies.
- Azure, O365 and AWS products.
- Proficient in configuration, design & support of Microsoft Servers up to 2016, VMWare 5.5 and above virtual infrastructures and Citrix XenApp 7.x and above. Preferably to vendor accreditation level.
- Thorough understanding of design and operational concepts related to Cloud infrastructures (upgrades, migrations, backup, restore, DR, patching, anti-virus, systems management, monitoring, security and reporting).
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Active Directory preferably with O365 Hybrid environments and Mimecast services.
- Ability to support IIS up to service layer and SQL server administration skills.
- Strong scripting and PowerShell skills.
- Ensuring the design and integrity of the clients Cloud architecture and services are both sound and fit for purpose.
- Planning, designing, and developing a Cloud environment with the use of O365, Azure and AWS services.
- Participate in Incident Resolution and Problem Management.
- Explain to designers and developers what is required and overseeing the progress.
- Drive the architecture/design and implementation to migrate applications and services a to cloud-based PaaS, IaaS and SaaS products, including optimising technical reliability and improving application performance
- Ownership of all Cloud infrastructure and services.
- Self-motivated and an effective communicator at all levels within the business.
- Resilient and able to work both independently and within a team under pressure.
- Proactive, calm & flexible approach.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Adhere to ITIL principles affecting the role where required.
**The successful candidate must have Azure and strong networking experience**