- Location – Leicester
- Role – IT Systems Engineer
- Industry – IT/Finance
- Salary – 35-40k
- Responsible for the design and delivery of new Windows based infrastructure design including Azure, on premise and hybrid solutions.
- Management of the Hybrid cloud infrastructure including servers, storage, security and virtualization
- Delivery of proactive continual improvement through technical assessment including business risk, resilience, capacity and availability of services hosted within the environment.
- Providing solid documentation of systems and architecture, design, configuration and testing evidence.
- Providing solution designs, costings and basic project management for the duration of any implementation
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to peers within your areas of expertise.
- Ownership of system backup service including operational monitoring and reporting
- Liaising in the development of desktop builds/images where integration with server infrastructure is required.
- Ownership of technical Backup, DR (Disaster Recovery) and Business Continuity for all server based solutions.
- Providing 2nd line support for complex queries relating to infrastructure issues
- Troubleshooting and issue ownership for complex issues within your areas of expertise.
- Liaising with 1st line and 3rd party suppliers to ensure a speedy and positive resolution for customers
- Degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Computed Science or IT)
- Microsoft infrastructure related qualification(s) (e.g. MCSE)
- Experienced in the design and implementation of MS Azure based services including ADFS, Virtualisation, SaaS and PaaS
- Experience of the implementation and management of resilient services including load balancing, availability sets, geo-redundancy, Azure system updates
- Experience of Azure DR and backup solutions
- Experience of Office365 interoperability
- Solid experience of managing on-premise and hybrid server solutions
- Experience of deploying and/or integrating PC based technologies within Windows 8 and Windows 10 (e.g. Direct Access, Bitlocker)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data.
- Ability to multi task and work to meet deadlines under pressure, maintaining attention to detail.
- Exceptionally proactive nature, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating.
- Clear communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ideally will have ITIL Foundation Level or above
- Experience in a Financial Services business is highly desirable.
It would be great to discuss further, if you could send me an updated CV including your salary expectations and current notice period/availability I can run through the position with you in more detail. They are looking to line up interviews from the 1st March in the afternoon, so if you could let me know your availability with regards to this as well that would help.
I look forward to hearing from you,