My client is a highly successful, global manufacturing organisation with UK sites in Northumberland and Scotland. A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Infrastructure Analyst to join the team at their Morpeth site.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills and be proficient in managing Network, Server, Firewall & Citrix XenDesktop Infrastructure environments.
You should enjoy the hands-on side to the job, have a third line support background and great customer service and communication skills.
With lots of investment planned to the IT Infrastructure, this is a great time to join this business and enjoy a key role, getting involved in bringing the systems fully up to date, you will be able to make a really positive impact.
The main duties of the role include:
- Maintaining operational performance of all Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Servers.
- Managing and maintaining Lan & Wan Infrastructure (Switches, Routers Etc)
- Managing and maintaining Citrix Xendesktop 7.6 environment
- Maintaining technical infrastructure components such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP among others.
- Configuring and managing the Firewall including managing IPSec VPN Tunnels to both Internal & external customers.
- Reactively responding to incidents raised by both internal and external customers against servers so as to accurately diagnose and resolve problems within contractual service levels.
- Providing build, assurance and consultancy services to customers to enable rapid, high quality delivery of new systems, initiatives and technologies within documented standards.
- Installing, configuring and supporting new hardware installs.
- Managing user access rights within Active directory.
- Establishing complete and accurate documentation of server builds, operating parameters and support processes.
You should hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or possess equivalent work experience with entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in the work field.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate significant relevant experience in a previous role along with the following skills and knowledge:
- Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2
- Citrix Xenserver & XenDesktop
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Great customer service
- Good understanding of networks
Other desirable skills include:
- Any Microsoft / Citrix / VMWare certification
- Wider understanding of client or midrange OSes, networking and security
- Powershell scripting
- Symantec Endpoint & Policies
- HP Server Automation, or similar system configuration / software deployment technology
This role attracts a salary of up to £45,000 plus a good benefits package, please state your salary requirement on application.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Active Directory
- Network Infrastructure
- Windows Server
- Citrix Xenserver