What's on offer
Job Title: Senior Information Security Officer
Salary: Up to £80,000 Full Time
Benefits: a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, excellent career progression.
Start date: April 2018
Eddison Knight are pleased to be searching for a capable Senior Information Security Officer based in the West Midlands to become an integral part of the growing and transforming technology team. A solid understanding of organisation wide Information security, including cyber security with operational knowledge of planning, delivery, leadership, architecture, threat management, audit would be required.
This role is paying up to £80,000 and the start is for April 2018.
Skills and Experience
- Security Leadership to include planning, development and oversight, architecture, analysis, incident management, delivery.
- Threat intelligence and trend analysis, carrying out audits.
- Development and implementation of a robust IT Security plan.
- Management of team members (expected to grow in numbers).
- Stakeholder management - suppliers, the wider business and colleagues.
- International recognised and formal standards for IT control and Security Management Systems, including ISO2700x, COBIT, COSO, ITIL and NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Detailed knowledge of principal technical IT and security standards, including encryption standards, IETF RFCs for security functions, etc. is essential.
- In depth understanding of trends in security threats, analysis of major publicised incidents and IT trends as they relate to security threats is essential.
- Detailed understanding of the implementation and operation of key security technologies, including anti-malware (simple and advanced), network perimeter and firewall, monitoring, encryption, intrusion detection, behavioural analysis, information protection, authentication, identity management and security testing.
- Structured approaches to incident and crisis management - experience of contributing to major security incident management is desirable.
- Cyber resilience know-how
- Strong information security and cyber security market knowledge
- Experience of regulatory support
- Appropriate security qualifications and memberships (e.g. ISO27001, CISSP, CISM, etc.) are desirable.
- Degree level education or relevant work experience.
Who they're looking for
A seasoned IT Security Specialist who is passionate about quality and hungry to grow their career. They would have worked in a similar role and be comfortable with most of the elements of the skills and experience required. Passionate about being a focal point for all things security in a large organisation, the successful person would be an agent for change and thus hold the appropriate gravitas to be able to create robust infrastructure for internal and cyber security, lead, manage and comfortably converse with senior members of the executive team. For a quick and confidential conversation, please reach out to me via email , this is an urgent appointment. Alternatively please apply and upload your CV here.
We have extensive experience of working with this client and can confidently guide you through this process.
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.