Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of an Information Analyst to join an NHS organisation based in Middlesbrough. This is a temporary position due to last initially 3-6 months.
Reporting to the Information Analysis Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders, using extensive analytical and technical expertise, supported by an in-depth knowledge of NHS and Public Sector data.
- To co-ordinate the receipt, input and validation of complex data sets and returns from Trusts, GP Practices, providers and other agencies to strict deadlines, identifying potential and actual data problems, proposing and implementing solutions, to support the submission of statutory returns and other routine reporting
- To participate in the formal statistical analysis and interpretation of results of data analysis, e.g. reports, charts, maps, pivot tables.
- To design and develop spreadsheets/databases to hold highly complex data collected for a particular purpose and maintain the integrity of the data
- To design and develop dashboards for inclusion in the organisations information reporting tools/systems.
- To lead in development of key data sets by frequent or regular information users, including development of techniques or systems.
- To undertake the analysis of computerised and manual data as part of the provision of management information for both routine and ad-hoc requests.
- To undertake the presentation and explanation of data analysis to a broad client base in the PCTs and other organisations using the service.
- To prepare and present information along with relevant intelligence to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- To identify, propose and implement changes to business processes or reporting systems to improve service, bring efficiencies and/or meet new policy or guidance requirements
- To support the development and documentation of quality standards covering all aspects of data, analysis and reporting work streams
- Professional qualification at degree level in an information related subject or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Significant experience in analysing and interpretation of complex NHS data.
- Experience in NHS information management role.
- Experience in using and developing databases and analytical tools.
- Highly developed analytical skills to present complex and/or sensitive information clearly and persuasively.
- Highly developed knowledge of Microsoft products including Access and Excel.
- Expert knowledge of data manipulation tools and techniques e.g. SPC, SQL, and how they should be used effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of developing information reporting tools/systems
- Knowledge of information governance standards around data security and confidentiality and an understanding of their application in practice.
- Knowledge of NHS data dictionary, Commissioning datasets and Payment by Results.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.