We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Income Accountant within the Income Billing & Control team, Financial Reporting. Income Billing and Control is responsible for the production of invoices, processing institutional rebates, debtor management and reporting. The team works closely with the Income accounting team and wider Finance to ensure the timely collection of revenue in a highly regulated environment. You will The role be required to interact with all Finance teams and the Business - in conjunction with the Commercial Finance Team
In the role, you will:
- Provide day to day guidance and support to the Income Billing & Control team with their tasks
- Review work produced by the Income Billing & Control Team including:
- Recharge accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company reconciliations
- Output VAT reporting
- Aged Debt reporting
- Production of monthly Management Information
- Ensure Income Billing & Control tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for managing team’s compliance with client money rules
- Establish new billing processes as required
- Support the Finance Business Partners with new billing processes
- Seek to develop and improve processes in response to the needs and challenges of the business
- Help drive through the Income Billing & Control initiatives already identified
- Proactively build relationships and work effectively with Commercial Finance, Middle Office, Front Office Admin teams and other Finance teams within M&G
- Acting as Deputy to Finance Manager for Income Billing & Control Team
What we are looking for:
You will be a qualified accountant with at least few years PQE experience along with experience in financial reporting and control, income accounting and fund accounting experience would be advantageous. Experience of Hyperion, SUN as well as Financial Services would be an advantage.
You will have excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure, strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. You should have the ability to identify problems and drive to follow them through to resolution, initiative to improve processes and implement changes to existing ones as well as be able to work within a team environment and take initiative and manage own workload. You should also possess a broad understanding of asset management regulatory environment.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.